Saturday, September 15, 2007

New numbers

So I said that Univest was frustrating--small composite team at the mercy of larger, experienced pro teams who all had a guy in the early [first 10k] break--but I found out it was not as easy as I had thought. Although the group went very slowly for the first 30 minutes or so, I actually smashed every previous mean-max power number between 1::30 and 6::00 minutes::seconds! This was due in part to a hairy, insanely steep KOM where the field shattered--check it out:


Notice my speed (blue line) at its minimum, and then check out my power at that speed! That would be 546 watts at 6.5 miles per hour! And my cadence--in a 27, mind you--had dropped to just 56 rpm. OUCH! I kept my output pretty consistent for the two-minute climb, though, and recorded a new 2-minute-mean-max of 504 watts or 6.75 watts/kilo. Not too bad with 1.5hrs of racing already in the legs and a tough 10-day-block of training/motorpacing/racing leading into it.

No comments: